It’s a quiet Wednesday evening over here… oh, except for the hum of the miter saw.
As Martin is working on building the new desk for the little office, I’ve been thinking about how I’m going to accessorize it and the rest of the room.
Last Friday we talked about some of the larger furniture and art pieces for the office, but it’s often the details that really pull the room together. I don’t exactly have a budget for accessorizing, so some of these pieces are probably more of a wishlist item, but others may find their way into the room. Some I may even try to DIY.
I tend to have bigger eyes than my budget, or really my needs, so Window Shopping Wednesday may become a regular feature over here. Let’s call it an outlet to prevent my hoarding tendencies.
Without further ado… accessories for the little office.
Are you detecting a theme? Graphic black and white, wood and gold, along with Sherwin Williams Blue Peacock, will make up the color palette for the room.
- Has anyone else seen this IKEA Myrheden frame around? It caught my eye and apparently many others. I haven’t been able to hunt for it at my local IKEA yet, but it seems to be in low supply. I must get my hands on one of these!
- 2018 may be the year I get my hands on a Stendig wall calendar. These things are classic, but I’ve never had an excuse to buy one, until now…
- I first laid eyes on this adorable little flip clock from School House Electric on our trip to Portland in early August. I’ve been thinking about it ever since. Who can help me justify a $100 desk clock purchase?
- Martin and I both have several magazine subscriptions, and for some reason we never want to throw away the magazines when we’re done reading them. Maybe something like these gold wire magazine holders from Target (now unavailable) can help us wrangle them.
- CB2 has so many swoon worthy office accessories. One of them is this Pilar gold pencil cup. I’m loving the pop of aqua on the inside.
- From AllModern, a perfect gold wire basket. It’s available in several sizes and shapes. I’m a strong believer that you can never have too many baskets and bins.
- Believe it or not, there’s a lot of gold handled scissors on the market. Something about the touch of grit on these Iron Utility scissors from Anthropologie really pushes them over the edge.
- Also from CB2, the most lovely brass tape dispenser I’ve ever seen. I need this thing, right? Right.
- The quirky vibes coming from these Zadie Drive Hand book ends from Kate Spade are exactly my kind of thing. They’ve been on my Pinterest wishlist for several years now and I’m so excited they still make them.
- How cute is this pennant from Three Potato Four? It’s unfortunately out of stock now, but maybe I could DIY something with the same feel.
- These Nate Berkus for Target brass clips are so fun.
- These edgy Tulip wooden boxes from The Container Store seem to be in short supply these days, but maybe I could scrounge some up in my local store.
- Finally, did you know you an Amazon Prime a letter board? I didn’t. I’ve also seen a few good DIY letter boards that I might take a shot at.
I’m trying to wait until we have the office a bit more together before I pull the trigger an any accessories, but man, I am tempted. There’s so many beautiful, but also functional pieces out there these days. What a time to be alive, am I right?